Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Breakthroughs and Schedules

This week has been somewhat of a breakthrough for my Jon. He had his entire life taken away because he didn't do his chores or his school work. I'm SO mean!

So today we sat down and mapped out his schedule, in order to complete his tasks by the end of the school year. One of his comments was "It would have been easier to just do it on schedule, Mom." Perhaps I let him go too long in his delusional thinking that he really didn't HAVE to do any of the stuff I'd asked. But I couldn't have asked for a better recognition on his part than that statement.

We're typing up a schedule, with a chart for him to record his work. It's a contract. It will have his signature and mine, because he is agreeing to this schedule. Buy-in. He set the schedule and he decided what he would need to do. Boo yah!

No comments: